Help young workers develop a career path...
become a Work Experience job site!
The Work Experience Program (WEP) provides paid work opportunities for area young workers 18 to 24 years of age. Placements give young workers an introduction to the world of employment, exposure to career opportunities, and an understanding of how education is connected to economic success. Man-Tra-Con Corporation will be the employer of record and will pay all wages, plus provide Workers' Compensation during the program/work period — lasting up to 12 weeks.
What is my company's role as the work site?
- Provide a safe working environment that will allow qualified young workers to earn a wage for up to 29 hours per week, dependent on worksite needs
- Designate supervisors eager to mentor young workers assigned to the worksite
- Provide feedback on each worker's progress
Why should my business get involved?
- Help eager and talented young workers understand the keys to workplace success
- Serve as positive role models for tomorrow's workforce
- Make an important contribution to the region
What kind of support will my business receive?
- Orientation and collaboration for your supervisor on working with young workers
- Staff support for young worker's participation
How do I sign up or get more information?
Please consider becoming a worksite for the
Work Experience Program!
Remember — who gave you your first break?
Apply today! This opportunity may only be available for a limited time and is contingent upon funding.