Laid-Off From Your Job?
We Can Help!
Man-Tra-Con Corporation can help you transition from your former job to new opportunities. Our friendly, trained career specialists can help you access the following on-site resources... all at no cost to you!
- Resume and interview preparation software ...
- Skills assessment and development software ...
- State-of-the-art computers with Internet access, fax machines and phones for job search
- Illinois Joblink and other online employment database systems
- Illinois workNet — the state's new online gateway to resources for businesses and jobseekers
- Labor market information — such as wage data, local employer statistics, employment trends, etc.
- Books and videos offering instruction on resume writing, interviewing, job searching and more
- Assistive technology hardware and software for those with special needs
If you qualify, our career specialists can also provide individual assistance to help you find a job or career that better supports you and your family. If you are unemployed or under-employed, 18 years of age or older, authorized to work in the United States, and registered with Selective Service (if applicable), you may be eligible for the following:
- "One-on-One" Assistance — for career assessment and career development
- Developmental pre-training — if needed, prior to employment or enrollment into a training program
- Short-term customized training...
- On-The-Job Training — a program that helps you develop job specific skills while employed. This program reimburses an employer for up to 50% of your wages.
- Access to financial assistance for vocational, occupational, and job training programs — if you lack current marketable skills
If you qualify, Man-Tra-Con may provide financial assistance, such as mileage and child care reimbursement, while you search for a job or attend training programs. In addition, we may be able to help you purchase tools and/or uniforms required for employment and training.
After you find a job, your career specialist will call periodically to see how things are going, and to help address any needs you may have concerning your new employment.
For additional information about office hours or services, call 1-800-315-3986 (Voice) or (618) 998-9602 (TTY).