Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic (DK-040815-02)
Location: Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour, D.O.E.
Candidate will be responsible for diagnosing faults or malfunctions and determining needed equipment repairs.This is a full-time position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and holiday pay.
- Properly repair outgoing machinery and parts.
- Inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Ability to work on hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Order tools and machinery inventory parts.
- Accurately account for all time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to properly use hand tools.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and assembly prints.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
Working conditions are normal for a shop environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toe boots. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry should not be worn.
High School diploma or GED. Candidate must also pass background check and drug screening tests, plus have their own tools and work clothes.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you!
To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Heavy Equipment Mechanic (DK-040815-02)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...