Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: CNC Programmer/Operator (DK-040815-03)
Location: Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour, D.O.E.
Candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Candidate may also fabricate replacement and new parts for industrial machinery. This is a full-time position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation and holiday pay.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
- Accurately account for all time spent per job.
- Keep work area clean including shop floor.
- Minor maintenance of machines to include oiling, greasing, cleaning, check belts and other wear items
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced skills required in one or more of the following areas: mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, and CNC programming.
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Ability to stand for up to five consecutive hours at a time.
- Periodic bending, pushing, stretching and reaching.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and steel-toe boots. Loose fitting clothes should not be worn.
High School diploma or GED. Candidate must also pass background check and drug screening tests, plus have their own tools and work clothes.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you!
To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CNC Programmer/Operator (DK-040815-03)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...