Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Assistant Planner (DK-030717-01)
Location: Marion, Illinois
Salary: $25,000 or more per year, D.O.E.
Employer in Marion is seeking candidates for a Assistant Planner position. Under the general direction of the Economic Development Specialist, candidate will perform assigned work in any one or more of the commission's programs; assist local units of government in preparing grant applications, conduct research and prepare reports, attend local units of government meetings, provide technical assistance as requested. This position is full-time, working Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Collect and analyze a variety of demographic and economic data for inclusion in reports and maps
- Assist local units of government to prepare applications for federal or state funding; assist local governments with the implementation of grants received.
- Conduct field evaluations and assessments.
- Conduct Davis-Bacon Wage Surveys on all grants administered by the Commission.
- Prepare administrative reports as required by Commission and granting agencies.
- Assist with environmental reviews for projects
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or College. Preferred degree would be in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, or Planning.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep business matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and follow State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to maturely communicate with and earn respect of all public entities with whom the Commission works.
- Ability to express oneself by writing reports that are clearly-presented and easily understood as well as grammatically and technically correct
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with other employees and public officials.
- Be familiar with economic development principals.
- Be familiar with theories and applications of local, regional and state planning principles and procedures.
- Ability to collect and analyze a variety of demographic and economic data for inclusion in reports and maps
- Be familiar with basic graphic and mapping procedures.
- Have an understanding that conflicts of interest and partisan political activities by any staff members are not in the best interest of the Commission.
- Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office, filing and records management systems, data entry, strong computer skills and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to communicate clearly with others.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service to internal customers and external customers, including vendors.
- Prior experience with Federal, State, and Local grants preferred.
- Must be able to travel and attend meetings as needed. Participation in offered professional development opportunities is encouraged.
- Must live in Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, or Williamson Count
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, send an email request (with resume, if available) to email@example.com. Include "Assistant Planner (DK-030717-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...