Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Technician (DK-043019-01)
Location: Herrin, Illinois
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00+ per hour, D.O.E.
Employer in Herrin is seeking highly motivated candidates for a full-time Industrial Maintenance Technician position. Candidate will
ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems to provide a continuous supply of heat, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations in food grade tri-calcium phosphate manufacturing plants. Work schedule is 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Benefits include medical, dental, and vacation pay.
- Performs preventive maintenance on engines, motors, controls, conveyor systems, production machines and tools to keep machinery and equipment operating efficiently; reduces plant downtime
- Reads and follows diagrams, schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications and instructions from supervisor
- Troubleshooting; repairs or replaces defective parts and pieces
- Adjusts equipment and controls to improve performance
- Uses machine shop equipment, most hand tools, ohm meters, calipers, micrometers, and other repair and diagnostic instruments for repairs
- Helps maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories anticipating needs and effectively conserving resources
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports summarizing information and trends; documentation and reporting as needed
- Supports work teams with information and training on proper operation and maintenance of equipment
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; Follows Good Manufacturing Practices
- Available to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends or holidays
- Other duties required to keep the plant running
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Equipment maintenance, technical thinking, problem solving, safety 1st mentality, flexibility, supervisory skills, communication skills and MOTIVATION
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance and 5 years' experience is preferred, qualifying work history will be considered
- Welding, PLCs, Motor Controls experience preferred
- Pump or Vacuum Motor maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Stainless piping installation and repair
- Sanitary valve and gasket maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Heat exchanger maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Variable speed drive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Fan and blower maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Boiler and other related controls
- HVAC PM, CM, and monitoring
- Work in dairy, with MSDS, Food Plant Sanitation helpful
- Candidate will also be expected to pass background check and drug screen tests
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, please attend one of our informational sessions, held every day at 9:00 a.m. (Monday through Friday) at the One-Stop Business & Employment/American Job Center, 3000 W DeYoung St, Suite 800-B, Marion, Illinois 62959.
If you are unable to attend an informational session, please submit a cover letter and resume (if you have one) to email@example.com. Include "Industrial Maintenance Technician (DK-043019-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...