Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Conventional Machinist (DK-050317-01)
Location: Herrin, Illinois
Employer in Herrin is seeking candidates for a Conventional Machinist position. Candidate will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, and vacation pay.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for attending mandatory safety training and reading and recognizing new policies and procedures as they come into effect.
- Performs routine safety inspections as assigned by supervisor.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining compliance with corporate missions and values at all times while at work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, meetings, workshops, etc.
Minimum Education – High school diploma or equivalent. Machining skills per National Institute for Metal Working Skills Inc.'s Duties and Standards (or the equivalent) may be required.
Minimum Experience – Requires experience in operations of engine lathes, mill, and use of precision measuring equipment. Prefer an experience in machining repair of hydraulic cylinders.
Minimum Skills – Requires a basic understanding of algebraic functions. Ability to read blue prints and hold applicable tolerances. Knowledge of tooling and proper usage.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, send an email request (with resume if available) to email@example.com. Include "Conventional Machinist (DK-050317-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...