Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Maintenance Technician (DK-072718-01)
Location: Du Quoin, Illinois
Employer in Du Quoin is seeking candidates for a full-time Maintenance Technician position.
Work schedule is from Monday through Saturday, with rotating shifts. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, sick leave, vacation, and holiday pay.
Basic Function: Primary role of the maintenance technician position is to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all types of manufacturing machinery and equipment (mechanical and electrical) in a heavy industrial environment. Prepare reports, interface with the facility CMMS, provide feed back to supervision as required to improve operations and machine reliability. Maintain and demonstrate a safety first mentality.
Principle Functional Responsibilities:
- Observe and follow all plant and department safety rules, work rules, procedures, and EHS policies.
- Troubleshoot and repair of plant manufacturing machinery and support equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairs of motor controls and drives (AC, DC and VFD), PLC and relay based electrical systems.
- Inspect, repair and understand the technical aspects (electrical and mechanical) of 480 and 4160 volt electrical systems, water pumps, oil pumps, vacuum conveying systems, hydraulic and pneumatic components / operations, alignment procedures, bearing installation, and mechanical transmission devices.
- Ability to perform light machining work (lathe and milling machines).
- Repair or fabrication of machine parts utilizing welding techniques. (arc and oxy-acetylene)
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, drawings and technical literature to aid in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and reliability of plant machinery and systems.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Provide recommendations, ideas, and suggestions to improve reliability of machinery, equipment and operations.
- Provide advanced training to junior maintenance associates on ongoing basis.
- Provide basic training to, production associates and other personnel as needed.
- Other tasks as required.
- Must be able to pass a forklift certification procedure.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair all mechanical equipment and electrical circuits and systems up to and including 4160 volt systems without assistance.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to walk through the entire 250,000+ sq.ft. facility as needed during the course of a normal work day.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to work in varying seasonal temperatures within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to certify skills through testing.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- 7 to 10 years industrial experience.
- 5 years minimum experience in an industrial maintenance position.
- College certificate, applicable armed forces training or a completed apprenticeship program.
Associates degree in Industrial Technology or Industrial Electronics.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, send an email request (with resume if available) to email@example.com. Include "Maintenance Technician (DK-072718-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...