Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Literacy Counselor/Facilitator (DK-091217-01)
Location: Carterville, Illinois
Salary: $17,328 per year
Employer in Carterville is seeking candidates for a part-time Literacy Counselor/Facilitator position, working approximately 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- provide support services to tutors/learners within the AVL grant;
- implement adult volunteer literacy grant;
- recruit, assess, and train tutors;
- recruit and assess learners;
- collaborate with adult education staff to provide seamless
services to students;
- conduct follow-up with tutors/learners to ensure retention and maintain records for grant;
- assist in preparation and delivery of program activities;
- possess the ability to collect, enter, and report data; prepare correspondence, and communicate using a computer;
- attend local, regional, and state meetings, trainings, and/or conferences;
- perform duties as required by the Director of Adult Education;
- other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in education, counseling or related field; experience in adult education, working with at-risk population or literacy is required. Candidate will also be expected to pass background check.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Literacy Counselor/Facilitator (DK-091217-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...