Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Highway Construction Careers Training
Program Coordinator (DK-091217-03)
Location: Carterville, Illinois
Salary: $30,450 to $38,062 per year
Employer in Carterville is seeking candidates for a full-time Highway Construction Careers Training Program Coordinator. Work schedule is 8:00 a.m to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Recruit potential students for the program;
- work with area agencies who deal with disadvantaged workers;
- work with students to help determine their needs;
- provide individual student performance plans to meet program goals;
- establish a working relationship with local highway construction contractors and trade unions for the purpose of placing students;
- advise students of program requirements, verify their qualifications for the program, assist with job search activities, and procure training materials and equipment;
- recruit and supervise qualified instructors;
- work with Illinois Department of Transportation staff to ensure all reporting and program requirements are met;
- develop classes following College and ICCB rules;
- attend meetings and conferences;
- work with diverse populations;
- other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in workforce development, construction management, or related field; one to three years' experience utilizing organizational, communication, problem solving, and time management skills is required. One to three years' experience in different areas of the construction industry and a solid working knowledge in workplace safety is preferred. Candidate will also be expected to pass background check.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Highway Construction Careers Training Program Coordinator (DK-091217-03)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...