Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Freight Car Repair Technician Apprentice (DK-041819-01)
Location: Carterville, Illinois
Salary: $12.00 per hour to start,
$16.00 per hour after 3-year apprenticeship
Man-Tra-Con is working with Railco Repair of Illinois in Carterville to find trainees for a full-time Freight Car Repair Technician Apprentice. Work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Candidate will perform a variety of repair functions to various types of railcars under the guidance of an experienced Carman. All work performed must meet current AAR, FRA, and quality assurance guidelines and requirements. The teams' goal is to provide a quality product while maintaining safe and efficient operations.
- Performing railcar repairs to FRA and AAR guidelines and customer requirements
- Repairing or replaceing defective or worn parts as directed by work order document
- Performing welding and fitting operations for refurbishing or repairing railcars
- Coordinating and completing repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
- Following all plant safety rules, keeping work area clean, and complying with all company Environmental Health and Safety Policies
- Prior Welding experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior Mechanical experience preferred, but not required.
- Must pass general welding tests within 90 days of employment.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand printed instructions.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Employment subject to background check.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidate must have a car or pick-up truck and be able to pass a drug screen test.
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! Please apply in person by attending our Hiring Event on Tuesday, June 18th, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., located at the One Stop Business & Employment/American Job Center, 3000 W DeYoung St, Suite 800-B, Marion, Illinois 62959.
Back to main job listing...