Man-Tra-Con Corporation is working with a local employer to fill the
Job Title: Summer Food Service Program Fellow
Location: Carbondale, Illinois
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Employer in Carbondale is seeking candidates for a full-time Summer Food Service Program Fellow position. Rotating work schedule is Monday through Sunday. NOTE: This is a TEMPORARY position at the Attucks Community Service Board.
Summer Fellow will expand and support the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and nutrition education programming; improve awareness of nutritious food options at farmers' markets and the use of SNAP benefits at farmers' markets; and raise awareness of and eliminate barriers to SNAP and other food/nutrition-access services. Incorporate fresh vegetables into the summer menus from several beds from Attucks and 3 other Community Gardens located in the community with the main kitchen. Increase family cooking days designed to increase the use of slow and pressures cookers to support faster and efficient meal preparation utilizing fresh produce from gardens and farmer's markets.
Farm to Table
- Help develop Smoothie bars at several sites to reduce the consumption of sugary drinks.
- Help develop and coordinate the delivery of meals and a mobile site to reach 4 trailer parks and develop activities and the recruitment of youth and volunteers for new sites at 2 rural communities 14 miles from Carbondale
- Help develop and increase the attendance of youth ages 14-18 at park and recreational centers.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the Summer Food Service Program and interagency coordination.
- Prepare and distribute meals to participants. Aid in meal counts and program reporting. Assist in menu planning to ensure compliance with USDA regulations. Maintain designated congregate feeding area to ensure meals can be counted.
- Increase the capacity and sustainability of the Summer Food Service Program to serve more participants at area parks especially ages 14 -18
- Research current demographics in participating neighborhoods. Determine underserved populations and neighborhoods with low participation rates.
Duration: June 1, 2018, until August 9, 2018.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Knowledge of Food and Nutrition programs, basic computer skills
- Able to work with diverse populations especially minorities and disadvantaged
- Work independently and as a team
- Punctual and has history working with children
How to Apply
This employment opportunity is available at no cost to you! To apply for this position, send an email request (with resume if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Summer Food Service Program Fellow
(DK-052518-01)" in the subject line.
Back to main job listing...